More and more households and companies realize how beneficial it really is to use propane to cater for energy needs. Propane is not only cleaner and more efficient than electricity, but it is also cheaper and more reliable and fortunately nowadays it is available from an increasing number of suppliers across Colorado. However, this abundance of possible companies to use might also make you feel overwhelmed, so if you are seriously considering switching to propane, here are a few aspects to consider in order to find the most suitable Colorado propane Longmont delivery company.
Look Beyond the Price
Pricing is obviously one of the most important factors when choosing your propane supplier, but you should expect your delivery company to provide you much more than good prices. Dependability, having heating, hot water and perfectly functioning propane-powered appliances are also aspects that you should look for and that the propane supplier of your choice should be able to provide.
Questions to Ask Your Prospective Propane Supplier
Here are a few things you might want to find out before signing a contract with a propane delivery company:
- Automatic delivery – good propane companies use technology that allows them to monitor your consumption,
deliveringrefills automatically for your tanks. It is a very useful feature that will keep you from having to worry about running out of propane in the middle of the coldest winter night or from having to spend time contacting your delivery partner to order your refill,
- Preferred payment methods – many companies today offer the option to pay for their services online – a very useful and time-efficient way to settle bills,
- Tank ownership – you can either own your propane tanks or you can lease it from your propane supply company. Buying your tank will require you to make a relatively substantial upfront investment (a 500-gallon tank may cost you around 1,500 dollars), but it will give you more freedom when it comes to choosing your supplier, while leasing the equipment from your supplier will lower the initial costs,
- Additional costs – tank installation and the process of switching to propane will come with some extra expenses. Make sure you find out exactly how much the transition will cost you and also ask companies about discounts or special offers for new customers (many companies offer free tank installation for newcomers, while others have other discounts in place),
- Maintenance and technical support – ask your prospective supplier whether they provide maintenance services and find out if they are willing you to provide you support with the propane-powered appliances around your house.
When you have made your list with available Colorado propane delivery companies and you have found out the answers to your questions, but you still want to check the reputation of the company you are planning to sign a contract with, you can find many testimonial and review sites where you can find out what other customers think about local propane companies and social media websites are also very useful sources of information.